Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Dates

Those dates I will never forget

*********************************

It was the 10 year anniversary on Saturday.  It was the first time I almost forgot. Still, there was something special about the day, the remembrance.

It was a different kind of special this time.  Not a sad remembrance.  Almost a comforting special.

***************************************

2 days later, no 4 days later, today, I would learn you'd had enough and left us all.
Peaceful.
I can see it and I feel almost as though I was there.
We all worry about the death experience.  But, you got the perfect death for which I prayed for my loved ones.

Once again the same dates are sealed on my heart, but for a different reason.

And I am the least of all important - but for the fact I heard that story that I will never forget and I wonder if I should tell it.

********************************************


As I compose the sympathy card in my head...... it says, "Your mother told me the most beautiful story about how she met you, and her love for you, I will never forget it."

****************************

No comments:

Post a Comment