Wednesday, April 29, 2015

remembrances

A friend told me her story and the pictures were so vivid I sat enthralled in it for hours.  I have continued to think of it many times since then.

Now I am not sure if I also saw pictures of the places in the story, later, or if the pictures are all in my imagination only.

*********************************************
It was a late afternoon, you were the last patient of the day. What should have been a 15-30 minute appt turned into an almost 2 hour session.  I didn't ask for it.  It just came.  I couldn't stop it.  I didn't want to stop it.

**************************************************
I can see the buildings, the road that leads there, the colors, the stained glass.

Did I know where it is and then forget?  Why don't I know how to get back there now?

*****************************

did you send me an email and I lost it?

*********************

was it a dream?


***********************************************

I told her she needed to write a book, that her story was a movie.  

She knew it was true.


She also had another layer of complexity - her son maybe didn't want to know the whole story yet.  She wouldn't force it on him.


I thought of my 2 friends who are film makers .  How could I get her together with them?

But she was too sick.

She ran out of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment